Your privacy is very important to us. Accordingly, we have developed this policy in order for you to understand how we collect, use, communicate and make use of personal information and is designed to comply with national and international legislation with regards to data protection and user privacy, including EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018
We believe you have a right to User Privacy and Data Protection
- We have the duty of care towards you and all of your Personal Data.
- Personal Data will be collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes only.
- Personal Data will be relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which it is processed.
- The integrity and confidentiality of Personal Data is maintained at all times and is never sold, rented, distributed or made.
- PERSONAL DATA THAT WE COLLECT
We collect and store the following Personal Data:
- Information acquired through our Website (www.brendakennelly.com) when you Subscribe to our newsletter, enter details to our Contact Form, generate a Comment on Musings/Blog page or Subscribe to a free / paid programme
- Information acquired at live events through your sign up
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Websites and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of visits to the Websites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
- Details of your access to our online resources or other materials.
- WHY WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use personal information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with updates, share musings/blogs and information about our goods and services which may interest you.
- To invite you to participate in events, workshops, free or paid.
- To process transactions: e.g. registering for an event online.
- To record attendees at events
We will never give your email to others, however, we may inform you about other people and services that we would like you to be aware of.
- HOW WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your information is stored in a number of ways. We use a number of third parties to process personal data on our behalf (see 5. below). These third parties have been carefully chosen and comply with Personal Data legislation
- Information received through our website
For information received through our website, e.g. Signups to newsletter or events, we use a third party email marketing service, GetResponse. If you sign up to our newsletter or events, the details you provide are maintained on our email marketing service, GetResponse and remain on their database. You can unsubsubscribe at any time, using the unsubsubscribe links in our emails or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact forms and email links
Should you choose to contact us using the contact form on our Contact us page, the data will be collated into an email and sent to us over the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) by our website host (Irish Domains). The email content is then decrypted by our local computers and devices.
- Comments on musings/blogs on brendakennelly.com
Should you choose to add a comment to any posts that we have published on our musings/blog, the name and email address you enter with your comment will be saved to this website’s database, along with your computer’s IP address and the time and date that you submitted the comment.
Your comment and its associated personal data will remain on this site until we see fit to either remove the comment or remove the blog post. You may request to have the comment and associated data removed at any time by emailing email@example.com
- Site visitation tracking on brendakennelly.com
Like most websites, our website site uses Google Analytics (GA) to track user interaction. We use this data to determine the number of people using our sites, to better understand how they find and use our web pages and to see their journey through the website.
- Purchasing information
- DISCLOSURE TO EXTERNAL PARTIES
We never sell, trade, or share your personal data to outside parties.
We may be obliged to disclose your personal information to third parties without obtaining further consent if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Website Terms & Conditions and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety of our employees, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- THIRD PARTY DATA PROCESSORS USED
We use a number of third parties to process personal data on our behalf. These third parties have been carefully chosen and all of them comply with the legislation set out in section 2.0. All 3 of these third parties are based in the USA and are EU-U.S Privacy Shield compliant.
Google – for tracking of analytics
GetResponse – for the emailing marketing service
Facebook – for advertisement, Facebook groups and communication
Instagram – for advertisement and communication.
PayPal – for settling product purchases
Stripe – for settling product purchases
- DATA BREACHES
We will report any unlawful data breach of this website’s database or the database(s) of any of our third party data processors to any and all relevant persons and authorities within 72 hours of the breach if it is apparent that personal data stored in an identifiable manner has been stolen.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, or your dealings with our website, please contact us at Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or via http://brendakennelly.com/contact-us/
This policy was updated on 15 May, 2018